The following Unit Standards will be covered:
Identify basic breeding practices for farm animals – US 116107: NQF L2, Credits 5
- Identify and monitor breeding behaviour, and pre- and post-partum behaviour of farm animals.
- Gain specific knowledge and skills in field of animal production and the breeding of farm animals.
- Operate in an animal production environment implementing sustainable and economically viable production principles.
Understand animal nutrition – US 116055: NQF L2, Credits 7
- Understand the basic concepts used in animal nutrition, maintaining, preserving, modifying, and enhancing the nutrient value of animal feeds and follow correct on-farm feeding practices.
- In addition, they will be well positioned to extend their learning and practice into other areas of Animal production in agriculture.
- Gain specific knowledge and skills in animal feeding and nutrition and will be able to operate in an animal production environment implementing sustainable and economically viable production principles.
Other topics covered:
- Record keeping
Duration: 5 days
Starting time: 9am – 3pm
Cost: R5 500 per person (VAT include)
Venue: 7 Van Wouw Street, Groenkloof, Pretoria
Included in the price:
- Learner Manual, Moderation, Certification
- Tea, Coffee and Rusk at arrival
- Light Lunch
Please note: Portfolio of Evidence (workbook) will be completed in class for the 5-day course.
Contact us for more information.
Click the link to download our course outline.
Course Outline & Dates