Basic Sheep Production Short Course
The programmes are presented year-round. This course is designed to empower the trainee to be able to leave with the required knowledge to succeed in their new business ventures.
This course will enable the learner to apply basic sheep production skills to their farm to ensure that their venture is as profitable as possible. It will help the new and existing farmer to attain a high level of success in production.
Learners will visit a working farm on day one of training, the remaining two days will consist of theory, including completing a workbook.
- Sheep breeds (meat, wool, dual purpose).
- Nutrition (digestive system, nutrients, feeding practices, body condition scoring, etc).
- Flock & health management (visual selection, reproduction, general management programme, parasites & diseases, etc.)
- Veld management (objectives, types of grazing, resting practices, etc).
- Planning of a farm (location, shelter, handling facilities, etc).
- Record keeping & marketing (value adding).
- Wool (shearing shed, procedure, casting, skirting, and classing).
Duration: 3 days
Starting time: 9am – 3pm
Cost: R4 500 per person (VAT include)
Venue: 7 Van Wouw Street, Groenkloof, Pretoria
Included in the price:
- Learner Manual, Moderation, Certification
- Tea, Coffee and Rusk at arrival
- Light Lunch
Please note: Portfolio of Evidence (workbook) will be completed in class for the 3-day course.
Contact us for more information.