R4 500.00 per person
3-day Basic Poultry Production short course │ 7 Van Wouw Street, Groenkloof, Pretoria
This course is presented year-round and is designed to empower you to be able to leave with the required knowledge to succeed in your new business venture. This course will help you to apply basic poultry (broiler & layer) production skills to your farm to ensure that your venture is as profitable as possible. It will help the new and existing farmer to attain a high level of success in production. You will spend a day visiting a working farm, the remaining two days will consist of theory, including completing a workbook.
The following Unit Standard will be covered:
- Demonstrate basic understanding of the poultry production industry – US 119442: NQF L2, Credits 2
- Apply health management practices for poultry.
- Cleaning and disinfecting on poultry holdings.
- Handle collection and storage of table eggs on the farm.
- Introduction to egg / broiler production.
- Produce poultry broilers.
- Utilise biosecurity practices in poultry production.
- Utilise feed management in poultry production.
- Utilise water management in poultry production.
Duration: 3 days
Time: 9am – 3pm
Included in the price:
- Learner manual, assessment, moderation, & certification.
- Tea, coffee and rusks at arrival.
- Light lunch.
Please note: Portfolio of Evidence (workbook) will be completed in class for the 3-day course.