GROUP TRAINING FOR CORPORATES
General Education and Training Certificate │Secondary Agriculture
General Education and Training Certificate: Food and Beverage Handling Processes
This qualification will contribute to increasing levels of personal and product safety and will develop a common integrated and co-ordinated approach to the handling of food and related products. A person acquiring this qualification will be able to have an understanding of personal and product safety, life skills that will allow them to be responsible citizens, which in turn, will provide benefits to the society and economy of South Africa and knowledge and skills in the handling of food and related products. The learner is sensitised to the specific culture, opportunities and demands relating to food handling. The skills, knowledge, values and understanding demonstrated within this qualification are essential for a positive impact on social and economic transformation and upliftment within the democratic South African society. Learners will be able to:
- Carry out familiar food and beverage handling processes.
- Receive and pass information.
- Offer a clear choice of routine responses.
- Perform clearly defined tasks.
- Apply basic skills.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Work under direct supervision with some responsibility and accountability.
This qualification specifies the knowledge, skills and values required to access food and beverages processing and other food related qualifications in the Further Education and Training Band. It serves as an entry-level qualification for the food and beverage manufacturing qualifications in the Further Education and Training Band. This qualification allow learners to obtain the necessary knowledge and skills for career advancement and advancement to higher qualifications in food and beverage manufacturing supervision, food and beverage quality control and assurance, food and beverage manufacturing management, food and beverage manufacturing supervision and food and beverage process artisan.
This qualification is for learners who:
- Were unable to complete their schooling.
- Have worked in the Food and Beverage Manufacturing Environment for many years, but have no formal or recognised qualifications in their area of work.
- Wish to extend their knowledge and understanding of the Food and Beverage Manufacturing environment.
- Can be empowered to sustain themselves economically within the food industry in basic handling of food and related products to improve the quality of their lives.
The intention of this qualification is to:
- Promote the development of functional knowledge and competencies that are required in the Food and Beverage Manufacturing environment.
- Develop the potential of employees in the Food and Beverage Manufacturing environment.
- Provide opportunities for career pathways and life-long learning for learners who work in the
- Food and Beverage Manufacturing environment.
This qualification specifies:
- Fundamental skills in communication and mathematical literacy.
- Core skills in personal and product safety related to the learner’s specific work context.
- Life skills that will allow them to be a responsible citizen which will provide benefits to the society and economy of South Africa.
- Basic knowledge and skills in the handling of food and related products.
The qualification will allow for transformation in the field of food and beverage processing where learner’s will receive a formal qualification in the basic handling of food and related products.
Please contact us more information on our Food & Beverage Handling Processes course and the various learning options.